Passage for this week: Philippians 4:6-9
Resource: Pray The Word Podcast by David Platt
How to use this resource: The questions below should be read after you and your family have spent time listening to the resource, and after you have had time to read through the passage carefully and slowly. Following your family time discussion (using the questions below, or your own questions regarding this text), close in prayer and ask your students how you can be praying for them and let them know how they can be praying for you as parents.
Family Devotional Question For This Week:
1. What stands out to you the most from reading this passage? What did you learn that is new to you from this passage? What did you learn that caused you to remember something you’ve known, or what has been reinforced from reading this passage?
2. How is Platt’s acrostic ‘S.T.O.P.’ helpful for you? How do you think “Seek, Trust, Open and Practice” can be helpful when implemented in your life?
3. From Platt’s final question to us, how do you fight anxiety or anxious thoughts? Is prayer often your first response (Why/Why not)? How should Paul’s God-given advice from these verses help to displace and dismantle anxiety or anxious thoughts when they arise?
Prayer Prompts For This Week:
– Pray that God would begin moving us to love His Word and for us to run to His Word in the moments we are feeling anxious or burdened.
– Pray that we would seek Him, Trust Him, Open our minds to what God has promised and revealed to us through His Son Jesus, and that we would Practice the Word and be in the Word when we feel anxious!
– Continue to pray for one another and write down or remember the requests of each person. Either have one person pray over each request, or delegate those prayer requests so that each person prays for something or someone specific.